Assistant Nursery Chef/Kitchen Assistant Vacancy at Busy Bees Westminster Nursery
Thursday and Friday for 10 hours per week
Busy Bees is the UK’s largest childcare company who are committed to providing the best start in life for every child. Our staff are our most valuable asset to ensure we deliver high quality childcare and exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start.
We can’t do this without you, so we’re looking for an Assistant Nursery Chef to join us at our nursery in Westminster. You will support the chef in ensuring the children experience a variety of healthy balanced and nutritious foods throughout the day.
About our Westminster Nursery
Busy Bees at Westminster is ideally located on Horseferry Road, next to the Home office. We have 4 main Train stations near us, St James Park, Victoria, Vauxhall and Westminster, the 507 and 88 Buses stop just outside the Nursery. The nursery has a coded security system and there is CCTV to give parents peace of mind when they leave their child. We were rated Good in our last Ofsted inspection with seven elements of outstanding in December 2009.
Our nursery chef Sarah is committed to providing nutritious and healthy meals for the children. The nursery has achieved the highest rating of 5 out of 5 stars from the Westminster Foods Standard Agency. The 4 week rolling menus offer a varied range of foods and any dietary requirements can be catered for by our dedicated Chef.
- Support the chef in providing healthy balanced, nutritious freshly prepared meals and snacks in line with food safety regulations and Busy Bees best practice guidelines.
- Support the chef in adhering to budgets and financial targets and forecasts according to actual attendance
- Assist in stock levels and ordering new supplies
- Managing the kitchen in the chef’s absence
- Maintain high hygiene standards in the kitchen, including regular high and low level cleaning of surfaces and equipment
We offer a fantastic package an Assistant Nursery Chef:
- Enhanced holiday entitlement that increases with service
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training and career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to gain further qualifications via BB Training Academy
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal e.g. Sainsbury’s, Mark & Spencer, Odeon, Gym membership and many more including cash back facilities
- A confidential employee assistance programme to assist all staff where they may benefit from having access to a sensitive ear
- Provision of pension scheme auto enrolment
- Food Safety or Hygiene Level 2 (Desirable)
- Good communication, organisational skills
- High Standards of personal hygiene
All positions are subject to an enhanced DBS Check
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.