Senior Room Manager
Busy Bees Nurseries - Basingstoke
This vacancy has expired.
Busy Bees in Basingstoke Chineham are looking for a Senior Nursery Room Manager / Senior Nursery Nurse to join our Team working Full Time (40hours per week)
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, Virtual learning and
career progression opportunities
- Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
- Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
*Visit our website to find out more
Busy Bees in Chineham, Basingstoke is a purpose built nursery on one level split intoUnder 2’s, 2 to 3 years and 3 to 5 years. Each room has access to their own large secure garden area where the children can choose to free flow inside and out throughout the day.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK’s largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As a Senior Nursery Room Manager you will be the 3rd in charge of the setting, hold keys and step up in the absence of the Assistant Manager. You will also manage a team of individuals and will guide and support them by role modelling your knowledge and best practice.
Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:
Care: We take care very seriously
- As a manager of a team you have overall responsibility for your room and staff within it, ensuring they are performing to the highest standards.
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child’s needs are met.
- Speak Up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our Core Values.
Service: We are an integral part of a parent’s support network
- Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting rapport with parents and be able to manage parental complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner.
- Support parents with any SEN/ASL needs their child has or that are identified with respect, care and professionalism.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it’s what children and parents deserve
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role.
- Take pride in your teams planning observation and assessment procedure.
- Train your team and organise training/meetings to keep them up to date on business changes and best practice.
- Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI, CIW.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Create a setting that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources.
- Ensure that children’s observations are detailed, reflective and provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- NNEB or BTEC Nat Dip or CACHE Dip in Childcare or NVQ level 3 or SVQ
- At least 2 years previous experience working and caring for children under 5, ideally within a nursery environment
- Previous experience of leading/managing a small team
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.