Early Years Teacher
Busy Bees Nurseries - Westminster
This vacancy has expired.
Busy Bees in Westminster are looking for a Nursery Teacher / Early Years Teacher to join our Team working Full Time (40hours per week)
The top 5 Reasons to join us!
- Childcare provision with substantial childcare discounts
- Excellent in-house training, opportunity to gain further qualifications, Virtual learning and
career progression opportunities
- Exclusive access to UP*; Busy Bees unique early years learning programme
- Retail Discounts Scheme via an online benefits portal
- Global exchange programme (short term secondment to another country)
*Visit our website to find out more
Busy Bees at Westminster is ideally located on Horseferry Road, next to the Home office. We have 4 main Train stations near us, St James Park, Victoria, Vauxhall and Westminster, the 507 and 88 Buses stop just outside the Nursery. The nursery has a coded security system and there is CCTV to give parents peace of mind when they leave their child. We were rated Good in our last Ofsted inspection with seven elements of outstanding in December 2009.
Established by 3 families in 1984 Busy Bees is now the UK’s largest childcare company with over 350 nurseries across the UK.
To give every child the best start in life
Deliver high quality childcare & Exciting opportunities for learning that gives every child a head start as they prepare for school
As an Early Years Teacher, you will lead the pre-school and will guide and support the team by role modelling your knowledge to ensure that each child reaches their potential in order to give them a head start as they prepare for school.
Here is a snapshot of what your role will include:
Care: We take care very seriously
- As a leader of the Pre-school room you have overall responsibility to ensure the relevant statutory and legal welfare and curriculum requirements are always met.
- As a keyworker, you will ensure every individual child’s needs are met.
- Speak Up against practices that don’t support safeguarding or our Core Values.
Service: We are an integral part of a parent’s support network
- Get to know the families at the setting to create a trusting rapport with parents and be able to manage parental complaints/concerns in an efficient timely manner.
- Build relationships with local schools in order to create an effective transition for each child.
- Support parents with any SEN/ASL needs their child has or that are identified with respect, care and professionalism.
Quality: We set and maintain the highest standards it’s what children and parents deserve
- Embrace and promote our Standards of Excellence in every part of your role.
- Take pride in your teams planning observation and assessment procedure.
- Keep up to date with news and research within the sector and consider how this impacts your practice and your team.
- Challenge any behaviours or practices that go against Busy Bees expectations.
- Be a key player to ensure the nursery receives excellent outcomes in internal audits and those of external authorities such as Ofsted, CI, CIW.
Value: We ensure that we provide outstanding value for money
- Create a pre-school room that is clean and welcoming, with well-kept educational resources.
- Ensure that children’s observations are detailed, reflective and provide developmentally challenging next steps.
- Ensure we encourage and praise children’s development and achievements.
Your Qualifications and Experience:
- Early Years Teacher Status (EYT) or Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
- Previous experience working and caring for children under 5, ideally within an early years setting.
- Passion to deliver high quality childcare and exciting learning opportunities
We reserve the right to close a job prior to the initial closing date.
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.