Bradwell Homefield CE VC Primary School - Homefield C of E Primary School, Bradwell
This vacancy has expired.
Homefield Church of England Primary School
Tel: 01493 661691
Email: [email protected]
Headteacher: Bradley Young
Age range: 3-11 years
- Salary – Scale A £9.24 per hour (£17,842 FTE)
- Temporary until 31st August 2022 (may be extended after a successful probationary period)
- Part time
- 10 hours per week (4.00 – 6.00pm)
- Term time plus two weeks
- Required from September 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
The Governors wish to appoint a hard-working candidate to our school cleaning team. This post will be directly responsible to the Caretaker, as line manager, and Headteacher, as overall leader of the school. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing a range of cleaning services to the school site.
Homefield C of E Primary School is a thriving Church or England school in the village of Bradwell. The school has the highest of standards and determined ambitions to create something truly remarkable. We have been graded Excellent by SIAMS from our inspection in November 2019 and Good with Outstanding Behaviour by Ofsted in Autumn 2014 under our last Section 5 inspection and Good from Ofsted in November 2018 under our last Section 8 inspection.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a promising candidate who must be:
- Energetic, hard-working, physically fit and in good health to undertake all cleaning duties to a COVID secure standard.
- Honest, punctual, reliable and trustworthy, adhering to all school safeguarding and confidentiality procedures
- Able to communicate with all stakeholders of the school, modelling and maintaining our family ethos
- Approachable and able to work independently as well as a member of a team
- An excellent role model in the school community
- Experienced in professional cleaning. Although this is desirable, it is not essential, as full training will be given.
The successful candidate will have the following key responsibilities (other appropriate duties, not stated, will also be required):
- Sweeping, mopping and polishing of hard floor areas
- Vacuuming carpets and furnishings
- Cleaning, wiping, dusting and polishing of surfaces, fittings, fixtures and furniture
- Emptying waste bins, removing rubbish to collection areas
- Cleaning toilet areas, fittings and fixtures
- Cleaning internal glazing to keep substantially free from dirt, marks and deposits
- Securing the windows in all unoccupied areas, if required
- Holding site keys for access purposes & ensuring their safe return (if required)
- Ensuring the security of the cleaning/caretaking store
- Reporting all accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences to Manager/ Supervisor
- Attending training and meetings as arranged and directed
- Wearing protective clothing and uniform as issued
You can expect:
- To be welcomed and supported by staff, governors, children and families
- To receive appropriate support and opportunities for training
- To work in an environment that makes you smile and makes you feel valued as an individual
For an information discussion about the role, please ring the school office to speak to either the Headteacher or Office Manager.
Applicants are warmly encouraged to visit the school and take a look for themselves at what we can offer. Further information about our school can be found on our school website.
How to apply
To download an application form, please select the orange “Apply for job” button and enter your details.
Closing date: 6th September 2021, 09:00
Interview date: TBC
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. To this end, you may be required to undergo pre-employment checks.
This post is likely to come under the requirements of the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations and the successful applicant will be required to complete a declaration form to establish whether they are disqualified under these regulations.
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.