Highgate School - Highgate, North London
This vacancy has expired.
The key focus of the role is to provide high quality support to the Estates Manager and Estates Support Officers to ensure that all elements of the Estates Office run smoothly and efficiently. More recently the absorption of the 3 key soft services functions (porterage, security and cleaning) into the Department’s remit has resulted in the need to strengthen the administrative capacity of the team.
The role is currently envisaged to be a six-month fixed term position.
Administrative Support to the Estates Office
- Ensuring efficient electronic and paper filing and office management
- Assembling external contractors’ quotations and collating for review by the Estates Manager
- Fostering effective working relationships with contractors, suppliers etc. and escorting visitors as required
- General office and departmental administration as required or directed by the Estates Manager or Estates Support Officers
- Monitoring incoming work requests and allocating to engineers or contractors as directed by the Estates Manager, Maintenance Manager or Estates Support Officers either by telephone, email or via the TABS CAFM (computer aided Facilities Management) asset management system (where appropriate level of training will be provided)
- Answering telephones and direct office enquiries
- Escorting visitors and providing access to buildings as required
Health & Safety
- Support the Estates Office in ensuring full compliance with all Health & Safety legislation relevant to the physical environment
- Ensure Council Tax payment requests are forward to the Bursary in a timely fashion, and liaise with Haringey Council as appropriate to ensure payments are allocated
- Assisting the Estates Manager and Estates Support Officers in maintaining the data held within the TABS CAFM system
- Any other reasonable request from the Estates team
Highgate School supports anonymous recruitment. This means we hide your personal, identifying information to remove bias from the hiring process. We encourage applications from candidates who experience barriers and inequity due to their ethnicity, gender identity, physical or mental health, sexuality, and/or socio-economic background.
Highgate is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to this post, including checks with past employers, overseas police check if necessary and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Please note that this role is ‘exempt’ from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore, you are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ (i.e. filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Shortlisted candidates will be asked to provide details of all unspent convictions and those that would not be filtered, prior to the date of the interview.
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.