Domestic Assistant (Early)
Downing College - Cambridge
This vacancy has expired.
Information for the role of Domestic Assistant (Early)
Part-time, Permanent role
Up to £10.19 per hour
25 hours per week, 6.00 am – 11.00 am
Based in a beautiful College location in Cambridge city centre, Downing College has opportunities for reliable cleaners, who take pride in their work, to join our friendly Housekeeping team responsible for cleaning and servicing areas located around College, including student and guest bedrooms, providing a first-class service to the College community.
The ideal candidates will;
- Have an understanding of cleaning requirements in a hospitality environment
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be able to effectively manage their own time, especially when servicing rooms in our busy conference period
Permanent role 25 hours per week, hours are to be worked 5 out of 7 days, usually Monday to Friday but to include weekend working as required. Hours will be work 6.00 am – 11.00 am, 5 hours per day.
The salary is up to £10.19 per hour. (Starting rate is £9.90, rising to £10.19 once the necessary standards have been demonstrated during the first six months).
- 33 days Holiday (including bank holidays)
- Discretionary Bonus scheme
- Free College Lunches on working days
- Pension scheme (with matched contribution up to 10%)
- Free access to an Employee Assistance programme 24/7
- Healthcare Cash scheme (e.g. for prescriptions, dental, optical, physiotherapy)
- Free Life Assurance cover
- Optional subsidised private medical and dental schemes
- Cycle purchase scheme, giving substantial savings on cycle purchase
- Free use of on-site Gym facilities
- Free on-site Car parking
- Social events
- An additional Day Off for your Birthday!
*Further details of these discretionary benefits and eligibility criteria are available from the HR team.
To apply for this position, please send your CV to [email protected]
OR call Kirby on 01223 334734 to request an application form (choice of paper or on-line option).
Closing date: midday on Tuesday 31 May 2022. Please note that the closing date for this post may be brought forward if there is a high volume of applicants, so you are encouraged to apply early.
Applications are welcomed from a broad range of backgrounds.
The successful applicant will be asked to complete a basic level Disclosure check.
About Downing College
Founded in 1800, Downing College in the University of Cambridge has a unique and magnificent setting among twenty acres of lawns and trees, yet is located close to the centre of Cambridge. The open landscape has a superb collection of neo-classical buildings. The College Community enjoy a beautiful environment unique in Cambridge in its spaciousness.
The College is composed of approximately 50 Fellows and 170 non-academic staff and its aim is to help all students to develop their academic ability and personal potential during their time here. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and informal community for Fellows, staff and students alike. Downing also has a thriving conference business and provides customers with a choice of superior conference, meeting and theatre facilities.
For further information or if you have any questions, our HR team will be pleased to help.
Email: [email protected] or call 01223 334737.
You can find the latest vacancies on our search page.Find a different job
This vacancy has expired.